08 January 2011

2011 New Year's Resolutions

I don't usually do new year resolutions - I am more of a challenge setter at any time of year.  But I guess some of those challenges are resolutions.  So here is a list for 2011:

  1. Laugh at life - my life that is - as if this is the only life I have. Actually, as I don't believe in an after life, I guess it is the only one I have!
  2. See the good in everyone - after all, no-one gets up each day intending to be horrid to others, so maybe by seeing the good in them I can see beyond anything I don't like in some people.
  3. Tell my mum about the happy memories I have of my childhood - like Tubby the Tuba, walks around the Botanic Gardens, listening to her sing as she cooked, and the button tin.
  4. Find a way of organising things that works better for me.
  5. Create a dawn shoot.
  6. Don't hold back with some of my ideas for fabulous shoots.
  7. Make time for coffee everyday.
  8. Master off-camera flash so I didn't waste my money on buying that bit of plastic called the ST-E2!
  9. Book New York - very excited - and eat Breakfast at Tiffany's.
  10. Get the shower fixed.
  11. Finish painting the hall - yes, ALL the woodwork!
  12. Improve my use of light in my images.
There, 12 challenges or resolutions, one per month of the year.  That should be manageable.  So let's see how I do then!  I've started well - I've made time for a coffee everyday so far this year.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to a successful 2011. either because of our resolutions or perhaps despite them ;-)

    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete