08 August 2012

Lizzy and Cris's Wedding at Liverpool's Metropolitan Cathedral and Hope Street Hotel

Lizzy and her mum found me by accident. They were looking for So Coco Rouge, my makeup artist and hair stylist friends now based on Old Haymarket in Liverpool. But the girls were out on a job and Lizzy spotted my business name, pressed the bell, and hoped. It was a day I was all alone in the office, and I was just thinking of packing up for the day.  We sat and chatted for a while - almost too long as we all suddenly realised that they might miss their bus home, so a quick trip to the bus station got them there just on time.

And then I heard nothing! I was convinced we'd connected and that I'd be able to do something wonderful for Lizzy and Cris. But there was no email, no phone call. Until a few weeks later when Lizzy got in touch saying she had been busy with work and was ready to book. And I knew I was in for a treat. Aside from Lizzy's mum being adorable, giving me a hint of the kind of family she was from, the location of their wedding was sure to be special - Liverpool's Metropolitan Cathedral! And from there onto one of my favourite hotels, the boutique Hope Street Hotel.

Now you know the weather we've been having this summer, so it comes as no surprise that yet again we had a day of sunshine and showers, but it didn't put a dampner on the day, even giving us enough time for Lizzy to walk to the Cathedral with her mum, dad, sister and bridesmaids. It was very special walking along Hope Street with the wedding party.

It's hard to describe how special the cathedral is, so I will let the photographs tell the story themselves in this sneak peek. You can see the gorgeous Cris anticipating the arrival of his bride, and the joy on his face when the confetti is thrown after they are married. I just know they'll be very happy together.







No comments:

Post a Comment