13 December 2012

My 50 List Update

I keep getting asked how I'm doing with my 50 list (those of you new to this, I am doing 50 things, challenges to myself, some hard, some just because, and some for fun). So a quick update.

  1. Do a stand up comedy routine DONE - and more than once. Toughest thing I've ever done!
  2. Go to New York DONE - and doing it again next year for another item on the list ... see below.
  3. Eat Breakfast at Tiffany's (eat a croissant out of a paper bag looking in the window of Tiffany's in NYC, of course!) - NOT DONE because it was pouring down when we were there so next time .... but I got Rob inside Tiffany and he bought me something :D
  4. Visit Rome DONE
  5. Visit Paris (again) NOT DONE
  6. Visit Amsterdam for one day PLANNED
  7. Visit London as a tourist (always seem to go for work reasons) PLANNED
  8. Visit Prague NOT DONE
  9. Sing at an Open Mike night IN TRAINING
  10. Walk Ben Nevis IN TRAINING - next summer, here we come
  11. Walk Scafell Pike IN TRAINING - next summer, here we come
  12. Walk Snowdon IN TRAINING - next summer, here we come
  13. Learn how to make perfect pastry off my Mum - DONE - and in fact, mmmm, let's make some mince pies :D
  14. Learn how to make yummy chocolate - NOT DONE
  15. Sell something on E-bay - TRYING, BUT NOT SOLD YET!
  16. Go on the Williamson Tunnels tour - NOT DONE
  17. Travel on the Yellow Duckmarine around Liverpool - DONE - and it was SUCH fun with my wonderful friend Mary.
  18. Swear in front of my Dad! DONE
  19. Volunteer for a week NOT DONE
  20. Walk the Big Big Day 5K on my wedding anniversary DONE
  21. Get the Ferry 'cross the Mersey PLANNED
  22. Get under 11 stone DONE but I need to lose a bit more to be able to sustain that.
  23. Be photographed in a 60s styled shoot NOT DONE
  24. Cycle the Coast to Coast bike ride PLANNED and in training
  25. Grow my own tomatoes DONE
  26. Go to a rugby match - even though I have no idea what the heck they're doing on the pitch! NOT DONE
  27. Go to a cricket match - might take a good book to alleviate the boredom though hehe NOT DONE
  28. Go in one of those ball things that roll down hill PLANNED - got the partner now need to book the slot.
  29. Go to a music festival (Leeds Festival tickets are booked!) DONE
  30. Travel in an open top bus NOT DONE
  31. Meet up with 5 people I only know through Facebook but have never met! PART DONE - met up with Vanessa Hall from Melbourne, and plans in place to meet up with others.
  32. Write a book and get it published DONE - and the book became a bestseller on Amazon on the day it was published!
  33. Test drive a Morgan NOT DONE
  34. Be an extra on TV NOT DONE
  35. Run the 10k route of Central Park, NYC PLANNED and in training
  36. See the Northern Lights NOT DONE
  37. Get a tattoo DONE - though only small and not quite finished because I burned my arm on top of the tattoo. Soup's dangerous, you know ;)
  38. Go to the other side of the world DONE - and for such an unexpected and pleasurable reason (Nicole and Will's wedding)
  39. .... I have 11 more to add - any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. You walked up Ben Nevis when you were SIX, and RAN down. Your list shows that you certainly haven't lost any of that energy in the last ...... years.
    I've always wanted to see the northern lights, Ah Well, at least I've seen them on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I can help with 4 of these. (1) Nico who runs our cooperative in Zeeburg (East Amsterdam) has over the years offered his home as accommodation for visiting friends and family of our cooperative. All you'll need is your air fair (cheap as chips unless you're travelling to a big event there that puts up all the prices). Drop me a line and I'll introduce you to Nico. Now the next three can all be done during your (2) Tourist trip to London. (3) The open top buses are run by 2 different companies and you can get on and off at random on the day you purchase them. Plan your day so that you get off at say the national portrait gallery or Tower of London to take in the sights you actually want to spend some time at. When you're knackered from the bus commentary pop down to one of dozens of clubs or pubs I play at where they hold open mike sessions (4) You are also free to stay with us on your visit as I still owe you accommodation from your generous hospitality when I went up to train with Annabel Williams Studio, so don't be frightened to ask.

    ReplyDelete